Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
Hi! I’m Dr. Courtney Padjen. I’m a doctoral-level Licensed Associate Marriage & Family Therapist** and I am here to provide individuals with safety and support as they embark on their counseling and healing journey.
I’ve been described as honest, compassionate, approachable and trustworthy, and in the same breath I am blunt and direct. Often, I tell clients I’m “a mover and a shaker” – – Growing up I bounced around small towns in the Northwoods. There I learned that being direct is a kindness. I have wanted to be a therapist for as long as I can remember and have always had an interest in human sexuality and trauma. Having taken the ACES test and scoring an 8, I feel my trauma provides me with the ability to connect with clients with a deeper level of empathy and understanding. I am here to help you get comfortable with being uncomfortable to disrupt your own homeostasis and work as a catalyst to create the change you desire.
If you feel you are ready to start your journey, let’s connect! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the consultation request form provided on the website.
** I am currently under the supervision of Alex Iantaffi, PhD, LMFT, CST, SEP
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists (AASECT)
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF)
- Minnesota’s LGBTQ+ Mental Health Providers’ Professional Network
- Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT)
- Kink Aware Professionals (KAP)
- Sexual Health Alliance (SHA)